Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

quix·ot·ic (kwikˈsätik)

1. Exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical

Usage

  • "Placing product first forces the bizarre behavior that Apple is well known for: being innovative and quixotic. It makes them foolish and hungry. Sometimes it even makes them catastrophically destructive to competitors."
  • Paul Keating says he'll always remember Button's "penchant for devilment, for the zany and the unpredictable" and "the fun in being around such a quixotic character".
  • In 1985, Pickles accused the lord chancellor, England's senior judge, of being a "brooding quixotic dictator" born with a golden spoon in his mouth.
  • "I knew the enemy was beyond tolerance. In my quixotic mind, there was no alternative left but to face the threat. I could get hold of a gun and I would keep it on me," Castro said.


No comments:

Post a Comment