Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

"[The Catholic Church] do[es] not have the answers" --Pope Benedict



Excerpt
"'I am very frightened because the house where I felt safe really shook a lot and many children my age have died. I cannot go to play in the park. I want to know: why do I have to be so afraid? Why do children have to be so sad?' said seven-year-old Elena [a victim of the recent tsunami in Japan].

Benedict admitted: 'I also have the same questions: why is it this way? Why do you have to suffer so much while others live in ease? 'And we do not have the answers, but we know that Jesus suffered as you do, an innocent, and that the true God who is revealed in Jesus is by your side.'

Whether Elena was satisfied with that answer was unclear. But the studio audience gave the pope a hearty round of applause."
Shocking...well actually...no...it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment